Abram Eric Landes
Hi! I am Abe, and I am an event photographer lucky enough to be working in the Washington, D.C. area. Cityscapes, rolling mountains, wineries, riversides, history, Capitol Hill... Everything is here!
I find photographing weddings immensely rewarding and also challenging at the same time. There are always small and special moments happening between the big moments on the wedding day. The challenge is finding the right mix of anticipation, preparation, and luck to capture a story that not only shows the height of those huge wedding day moments, but the depth of emotion between the guests, families, and the happy couple.
Plus, I like to be a fun-enabler. Photography should be fun. Weddings should be fun. And I work to make your wedding photographs fun to look at. I take this as serious business.
Now, amongst posing couples in amazing light, pleasantly directing large crowds of wedding revelers, and 'enabling the fun', the vast majority of my work is captured candidly and with photojournalism in mind. This approach makes my clients look gorgeous on the biggest day of their lives and tells the story through their wedding ceremony and reception.
So, based on a few of my experiences, here are things I will gladly do during your wedding day:
- I will submerge my camera underwater to get photos of you scuba diving with your wedding clothes on
- I will go into a barnyard pasture with a close-talking donkey and your crazy horse for a portrait session
- I will help your inebriated wedding guests find their way back to the reception, despite being a few miles from said reception
- I will go to the middle of Greece for your storybook wedding in a small fishing village
- I will get stranded overnight literally on the side of a mountain in Colorado with your rock-climbing wedding party. Yeah, that one almost ended me...
- I will let the flower girl dump her basket of petals on me during the processional
- If dogs are present, I will rile them up for some unexpected memorable moments
- And I will go to the very middle of China for an amazing traditional wedding ceremony in a giant city filled with delicious food.
All that said, I'm excited to meet you and let's make it happen. -Abe
4 Awards for Documentary Wedding Photography
1 TOP Wedding Photographer Titles
The WPJA proudly recognizes Abram Eric Landes as a TOP International Wedding Photographer. Members holding the most contest points at the end of each year are ranked as TOP Wedding Photographers or, in some cases POY - Photographer of the Year.