- Top 10 WPJA
- Awarded Photographer of the Year by the industry awards “Masters of Italian Wedding Photography”
- Awarded Category Winner (Details) in Nikon Awards, (among 49,000 competitors)
- Awarded Best of Destination Wedding, according to the magazine Junebug Weddings
- JUDGE for the industry awards “Masters of Dutch Wedding Photography”
- JUDGE for the industry awards “Masters of German Wedding Photography”
- 2 Honorable Mentions in IPA (International Photography Awards)
- 1 Honorable Mention in MIFA (Moscow International Foto Awards)
- Featured by LensCulture during the Magnum Photography Awards and Street Photography Awards.
- Editors’ Choice in the international Nikon Wedding Storyteller Contest by MyWed.
- 4 Nominees - La Grande Photo International Awards
- 2 Honorable Mentions in Monochrome Awards
- 1 Honorable Mention in IPA (International Photography Awards)
- Awarded WPJA Top Photographers.
- Finalist in Canon Wedding Photographers Contest by MyWed.
- Featured as one of the World’s Top Wedding Photographers by the semestral JM Just Married Magazine
- Awarded WPJA Top Photographers.
***Before & various***
- Recommended For Italy by Fearless Photographers in 2012
- Award-winning member of the prestigious invitation-only international association ISPWP
- Proud member of the prestigious invitation-only international association Best Of Wedding Photography.
I always had a visual approach to things in my life, even as a child. I started my career of visual artist playing with Photoshop and lots of other funny things when I was too young to remember it. Discovering photography with a visual-artist background has been magnetic and quite easy.
I started taking photography seriously ten years ago, always aiming to the best and always looking at the great past and contemporary masters as my sole mentors.
Award Winning Photos
The Wedding Photojournalist Association proudly recognizes the accomplishments and creative excellence of Alessandro. The following awards have been earned by Alessandro from the WPJA. These achievements come with great merit considering the high level of competition that a member faces in the contests.
The color, the lighting and the moment all came together to create a really nice toast picture. Love the energy of this shot.
Those flower petals mingled with rice - or is it the spray of champagne? - got my attention! But the true crowd pleaser are the smiles.
The lighting in this image performs magic with the details of the brideʼs dress being fastened, the small highlight of her tiara and the delicate adornment that matches the theme of her dress. The attendant's hands act as an entry point while her shadowed head and the windowʼs center support act as soft frames.
This obviously happened quickly and the photographer did a nice job capturing the wedding party member trying to save the day. Nice shot.
It was only a matter of time before they flew, but when it does it goes fast. Nice framing and quick shooting.
The posture of this poor guy chasing after something ensnared by the wind really makes this a fun moment. But, thereʼs a surprise here. Notice the base of the terrace umbrella in the foreground. Itʼs tipping forward, as though it wants to join his frantic race. Alas, itʼs a cliffhanger. Will it or did it fall? Meh… who cares, when your eyes already feast on the biggest slice.
Nice seeing while the man still had his wings.
Strong composition and good design. Love the reflections and really love the accent of all the items on the wall behind.
The juxtaposition of similar actions seen in the reflection of a computer monitor is a good example of “seeing” by the photographer. I’ve always believed that photojournalism is a good example of the difference between seeing a moment rather than just noticing it. Obviously we notice first but seeing with a camera in the hands of a skilled photographer produces the visual language that is readable by all. This photo is a good example of that relationship between a photojournalist and that singular expression of image to “visual words.”
There’s a lot to look at in this image and helps to hold my attention. The color palette is beautiful with the blues and yellows separated down the center yet also repeating, as in the curling iron. But what really makes it for me is the portrait of the older woman peering in and watching.
I usually don't go for kids being the center of attention in a wedding photo, but the light and drama made this a stand out.
Like the contrast of expressions in this image and the unexpected moment of what looks like the father helping with the veil. Nicely framed image that gives a sense of place and intimacy through the doors.
I love the look on the groom's face.
Great facial expression in a cramped backseat.
Photographer captures a great expression on the Bride in the backseat as she and the Groom depart giving a nice sense of place.
Wow. Don’t you love it as a photographer when a scene like this occurs? The dog didn’t have to bite this photographer to realize a delightful moment. It makes me wonder who among the four (including the photographer) was experiencing the most bliss as the shutter was pressed.
This was a classic “getting ready” reaction photo that any photographer would love to have to offer the family. Nice, tight face – good job.
Nice graphic image, great moment and expression.
Very clean photo that is well composed, uses the light nicely and exposed very well for the subject. Loved the hand coming into the frame. Great additional element.
The following letters are from the clients of Alessandro Avenali.
Married: 6 years ago
Mario + Sonia
Expertise and professionalism are too much two banal words to describe your job. What you are able to communicate through your pictures (I'd say pieces of art: they are more than photos!) goes far beyond. We believe we've been very lucky to have had you beside us in the day of our wedding, because you have given us the *best* memories. Thank you Ale,
Married: 5 years ago
Carlo + Sara
Thank you for being able to catch, with discretion, professionalism and originality, the deepest moments as well as the lighthearted ones of this unforgettable day. Congratulations for the passion you express, which shines from each of your shots. Well done!,
Married: 5 years ago
David & Tanja
You are an absolute rock star Alessandro!!!!! I'm simply overwhelmed!