Joe Brier earned an MS degree in Photojournalism from Syracuse University in 2004. Since that time, Joe has worked as a staff photographer for a daily newspaper in Northern Virginia and produced content for various publications throughout the country.
Award Winning Photos
The Wedding Photojournalist Association proudly recognizes the accomplishments and creative excellence of Joe. The following awards have been earned by Joe from the WPJA. These achievements come with great merit considering the high level of competition that a member faces in the contests.
Love the emotion here.
The groom is either waiting or stunned by that windswept veil. Perhaps it is both. I enjoyed the directness of this image that doesn’t muss around with laborious intrusions. It presents itself for what it is - a simple swoosh of fun. The composition is clean and neat, by a photographer who makes photography look easy. And, that’s a high compliment on any day.
This is a moment that could never happen twice. Nice symbolism here with the wind blowing the veil to the sky as the door swings open, priceless.
Excellent angle. Stood out among the rest of the entries. High vantage point made for a common scene but seen from a different perspective.
The high angle adds a nice dimension to an already fine moment.
Nicely framed moment of a bride and what I assume is her mother during a toast at a reception.,
This photograph succeeds because the expression on the man’s face is inherently funny and because the long lens used to make the photograph eliminates background distractions and forces the viewer to concentrate on the man’s face. We don’t know what she just said to him but whatever it was, it was quite a surprise.
I wondered if they dared her to smoke the cigar, based upon her expression and those around her, she won the bet.
Wedding Photography Packages
All packages include the following:
- 8 hours of photography on your wedding day
- Travel to an unlimited number of locations
- A password-protected, shareable online gallery with free high resolution downloads of all edited images for you and your guests within 4 weeks of your wedding
- All downloadable images provided in both color and black and white - and without watermarks
- A custom, shareable snek peek "app" for your smartphone or tablet with 10-20 photos within one week of your wedding
- Post production of images
- No travel fees for East Coast events from Maine to Virginia