* Have all the images on your web site been created by you, the applicant?
If 'No', please use the space provided below to tell us how
your images can be identified.
* Is this your first time applying for membership with the WPJA?
If 'No', what changes have been made to your
image portfolio since your last application? (i.e. 'more moments added', 'fewer details and/or portraits', 'converted many warm-toned images to straight black & white', 'less Photoshop work on images')
* We've recently published a WedPix article about wedding moments. Have you read this article?
* After reading the linked article above, what percentage of the images on your web site would you consider to be "moments"?
*What percentage of the images on your web site have been digitally manipulated including any sepia, selenium or other color toning, desaturation, tinting, soft focus or vignetting. This would exclude simple levels and curves adjustments, toning for reproduction, color correction, basic exposure adjustments, conversion to black & white and typical file format conversions.
* We've also published a WedPix article about wedding portraits. Have you read this article?
* What percentage of the images on your web site would you consider to be "details" and/or "portraits"?
* Do you feel that a visitor to your site would get a photojournalistic first impression of your work?
* How often do you update your site?
*On your web site, do you specifically identify yourself as a "photojournalist" vs. as a "wedding photojournalist," "wedding photographer" or "photographer"? If you state that you are a "photojournalist" (one who shoots news events for the media/publications), describe how you provide work history and/or images on your site to back up your statement.
* Are you using music on your site?
If 'yes', do you have legal permission to use the copyrighted music?
Are there controls to toggle the music on/off?
Read our recently-published WedPix article for more information on
Wedding Photographers Using Music on their Websites.
Are you a member of the Artistic Guild Of The Wedding Photojournalist Association ([AG]WPJA)?
How did you hear about the WPJA?
Other: Please Specify Details Please Select an Option
Google (please specify search terms)
Yahoo (please specify search terms)
Bing (please specify search terms)
MSN (please specify search terms)
AOL (please specify search terms)
Other Search Engine (please
specify with search terms)
Magazine (please specify)
Newspaper (please specify)
Book (please specify)
Television (please specify)
Workshop (please specify)
Seminar (please specify)
School (please specify)
From a WPJA member
From an AG|WPJA member
WPJA member’s site
Other (please specify)
If you learned about the WPJA from a member, please provide their name(s) below:
Questions or Comments
Have you read the
Member Testimonials page?
Have you read the
Membership Benefits page?